Friday, January 18, 2013

..so hot in heeer


Another reason I want to homestead is global warming. I'm not going to attempt to explain global warming. For those of you that have read "We've Peaked" you'll note based on that highly intellectual discussion of peak oil that my brain does not like too many in depth details. I like just the basics, thank you very much. So to sum up global warming, I'll say this: I believe Al Gore. So watch his movie An Inconvienient Truth

If we have established that we believe in global warming, then we must do something about it. I can't really speak on what should be done on a macro level, but I know what I can do on a micro level. I can stop adding to it as much as possible.

 
I'm certain that one person changing alone won't be enough - but all of us together...hmmm a beautiful thing!
 
In any case, if you're not part of the solution; you're part of the problem. So homesteading it is.

If I use solar and wind power and no oil or gas, I am helping. If I reuse glass containers and cloth instead of plastic, I am helping. If I compost my food and waste instead of sending it to a dump, I am helping.

And considering what we know is going to happen to oil, if I grow my own food, I am helping myself financially.

We've talked global warming to death. But it is one of the reasons that I have decided to homestead.

No comments:

Post a Comment